Thank you for your interest in assisting us in our mission to feed the seniors, homeless, and working poor.
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW AND SEND AN EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our volunteer opportunities are limited to Tuesdays and Wednesdays except when you have pre-arranged a special day. We reserve the right to turn away anyone if we have too many volunteers. WE HAVE MORE AVAILABLE SLOTS IN THE MORNING!!! TO GUARANTEE A TIME SLOT YOU NEED A CONFIRMATION. NOTE: PARENTS, WE ASK THAT YOUR KIDS SEND THE EMAIL OR MAKE THE PHONE CALL TO TEACH THEM RESPONSIBILITY.
VOLUNTEERS MUST be:
- 16 years of age or older and come with signed form (see below)
- wear close-toed, non-skid shoes such as sneakers, i.e., no flip-flops
- have hair cover, e.g., baseball cap, hair nets, etc.
- wear conservative attire that you don’t mind getting a little dirty (e.g., no halter tops, short shorts, low-rise pants, t-shirts with inappropriate messages, etc…..).
- download and sign this volunteer agreement form (.pdf).
Mornings: Start between 6:30 – 8:30 a.m. thru 11:00 a.m. A light lunch is served. Afternoons: 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm
- (NOTE: Punctuality is a must. Volunteers are accepted on a “first come, first served” basis. Those arriving after 3:15 p.m. may be turned away.).
Mornings are usually food prep work such as loading and unloading trucks, sorting donations, washing cutting fruits and vegetables, making sandwiches, stripping turkeys and various other tasks as required. Afternoon shift involves serving hot meals, pouring beverages, washing dishes, garbage duty, clean-up, etc. We are closed between December 24 and January 1.
If any volunteer in good faith believes that some policy, practice or activity of Martha’s Kitchen is in violation of law, a written complaint may be filed by that employee with the Executive Director. It is intent of Martha’s Kitchen to adhere to all laws and regulations that apply to the organization, and the underlying purpose of this policy is to support the organization’s goal of legal compliance. The support of all volunteers is necessary to achieving compliance with various laws and regulations.