It literally takes a cast of thousands (donors and volunteers) to feed the hungry at Martha’s Kitchen.This important soup kitchen, which has been feeding the hungry of San Jose since 1981 is 90% volunteer operated. Our dedicated volunteers collect donated food, prepare it and serve hot meals. On this page you’ll meet a few of the wonderful volunteers who help make it all possible. We believe we have found the best volunteers anyone could ask for. They are dedicated, hard working and eager to give of themselves. Best of all, they have fun helping us feed the poor because this is where they can channel their energy to do good. Won’t you join our volunteers today? Call us at 408-293-6111.
Sign up to Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in assisting us in our mission to feed the seniors, homeless, and working poor.
- TO ENSURE A SPOT, PLEASE CALL MATT BRADY AT (408) 293-6111 or send an email to email@example.com. YOU MUST…
- be 16 years of age or older.
- wear close-toed, non-skid shoes such as sneakers, i.e., no flip-flops
- have hair cover, e.g., baseball cap, hair nets, etc.
- wear conservative attire that you don’t mind getting a little dirty (e.g., no halter tops, short shorts, low-rise pants, t-shirts with inappropriate messages, etc…..).
- download and sign this volunteer agreement form.
Tuesday & Wednesday Morning Hours are:
Arrive between 6:30 & 8:30 a.m. and finish around 11:00 a.m. A light lunch is served.
Tuesday & Wednesday Afternoon Hours:
3:15 pm to approximately 5:30 pm (NOTE: Punctuality is a must. Volunteers are accepted on a “first come, first served” basis. Those arriving after 3:15 p.m. may be turned away.)
Mornings are usually food prep work such as loading and unloading trucks, sorting donations, washing cutting fruits and vegetables, making sandwiches, stripping turkeys and various other tasks as required. Afternoon shift involves serving hot meals, pouring beverages, washing dishes, garbage duty, clean-up, etc.
We look forward to seeing you here.
We are closed between December 24 and January 1.